As we come up to the night before the release, let’s finish up with the Insectoid Hunter for our final Legends and Pariahs DLC preview!
Equipped to track and bring down foes from afar, the Hunter uses special arrows and a magic boomerang to ensure they never have to fight toe-to-toe.
The Insectoid Race:
Much like the Automaton, the Insectoid has a unique mana and hunger system represented by a green ‘Energy’ bar. This bar is a representation of your current hunger level and decreases slowly over time as hunger normally does.
Casting spells will directly expend Energy and can be replenished by eating food. The maximum Energy an Insectoid can obtain is 50 total.
As an Insectoid, you will be able to digest any food item without becoming sick from spoiled food! You will also get a benefit from consuming sweet liquids such as fruit juice, restore magic potions and booze. Be mindful of over-indulging however, eating while full can cause you to projectile acid!
Insectoids have access to the following starting spells:
Casting this ability launches the Insectoid at high speed in the direction of their current movement. Can be cast while stationary to backpedal.
Running into doors while dashing will instantly break them.
- The Insectoids wings allow a short duration of flight at the expense of energy.
- A short range 3-way projectile that poisons and damages enemy equipment.
Finally, Insectoids are immune to the effects of poison and are natural allies of other Insectoids, scorpions and scarabs.
The Hunter Class
The Hunter class comes prepared with some new quiver ammunition as well as new ranged weaponry! Quivers are worn in the off-hand slot, and create stacks of up to 50 arrows that are consumed when firing bows and crossbows.
As the new update brings projectile gravity to ranged weapons, the Hunter is best equipped to take on foes at a safe distance!
New Item - Longbow:
- +10 ATK, slow draw speed.
- The longest range out of all bows and crossbows
New Item - Boomerang:
- +0 ATK, upgradeable via repair. A magical thrown item that automatically returns to your inventory and hotbar slot.
New Item - Quiver of Silver Ammo:
- +2 ATK to ranged shots, bonus damage against demons and undead.
- Handy against demons, skeletons and ghouls!
New Item - Quiver of Hunting Ammo:
- +4 ATK, bonus damage against most non-humanoid creatures. Inflicts temporary slow and poison.
- Perfect for hunting big game creatures such as trolls or spiders!
New Item - Quiver of Swift Ammo:
- -2 ATK, reduces time taken to ready a shot for bow weapons.
- When all else fails, sometimes a good defense is a lot of arrows in a short amount of time.
You will also start with:
- Amulet of Poison Resistance
- Leather Boots
- Scrolls of Conjure Arrow
- Meat, Fish
- Blindfold of Telepathy
- Potions of Speed
Hunters start with 50 proficiency in Ranged and Swimming, 25 in Stealth, 20 in Appraisal and 10 proficiency in Spellcasting and Tinkering.
Perception and Dexterity are two favored stats on levelling up, while Strength and Constitution are unlikely to increase.
The Legends & Pariahs DLC is releasing with our new V3.3.0 update on December the 27th 2019!
Grab your friends and join the party! Or play the Mechanist and build your own buddies.
Until next time!